- Deadly rabbit disease confirmed on Orcas Island July 19, 2019OLYMPIA – The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) has confirmed a case of rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus 2 (RHDV2) in a domestic rabbit on Orcas Island. RHD is a viral disease that causes sudden death in rabbits and can be spread through contact with infected rabbits, their meat or their fur, or materials coming […]
- New apple maggot signs bring renewed awareness to an old problem July 10, 2019The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) in collaboration with the Washington Tree Fruit Research Commission and the Washington Department of Transportation completed the installation of several new apple maggot quarantine signs last month.
- Gypsy moth treatments end, pest trapping season starts June 11, 2019The Washington State Department of Agriculture completed this year’s final gypsy moth eradication treatment on Sunday, June 9, and has begun its annual hunt for pests that threaten the state’s agriculture industry.
- Applications now open for NE WA Wolf-Livestock Management grants June 3, 2019The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) is now accepting applications for the Northeast Washington Wolf-Livestock Management grants.
- Spartina treatment season starts June 1 May 13, 2019